All students activities are rated according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System, ECTS), so that each trimester is awarded 20 ECTS credits. Master applied studies last two years or six trimesters and are awarded 120 ECTS points. The studies were conducted in the form of class-based teaching (face-to-face) in Serbian. The study program is realized within the field of technical and technological sciences, the field of electrical and computer engineering.
Upon completion of the master applied studies, the student acquires the title of engineer of electrical and computer engineering - master appl.. According to the National Qualifications Framework of the Republic of Serbia (NOKS), the completion of master applied studies is achieved at the seventh level, sub-level one (level 7.1). The requirement for acquiring this level is previously achieved level 6.1 (basic applied studies of 180 ECTS points ).
Teaching and exams
Teaching is performed using one-trimester courses. Students activities during the trimester (pre-examination obligations), such as colloquiums, seminar work and homework, are scored. The ratio of the number of points earned in pre-examination and exams is determined for each subject individually, with pre-examination obligations participating with at least 30 and up to 70 points. The final exams are placed in the School within the appropriate exam terms, which are: December, April, June, July, September and October. By completing preliminary exams and taking the exam, a student can earn a maximum of 100 points, with a score of at least 51 points for a grade of 6, a score of 61 points for a grade of 7, a score of at least 71 points for a grade of 8, a score of at least 81 points for a grade of 9 and a score of at least 91 points for a grade of 10.
Goals and outcomes
Network and Software Engineering study program aims to enable students to acquire professional knowledge and skills in the field of network and software technologies, necessary to solve complex problems in real work environment.
The objectives of Network and Software Engineering study program are:
- to train professional personnel to plan, implement and maintain network and software systems; to enable professional personnel to acquire both teoretical and practical fundamentals for tracking innovations, continuous education through practical experience and competitiveness in technological aspect of competence.
By mastering Network and Software Engineering study program, the student acquires general and subject specific skills:
- to plan and project computer network systems;
- to implement and maintain wire, wireless and optical network infrastructure;
- to administer computer networks and Cloud systems;
- to plan and implement VoIP technologies;
- to implement new generation networks;
- to implement and maintain network systems security;
- to apply practical knowledge in mobile transmission systems;
- to project high performance software;
- to analyze data and manage databases;
- to plan and implement Web services;
- to program and develop network applications and use Cloud programming.
Continuation of studies
Master applied studies are the highest level of applied studies in the Republic of Serbia.